Good Morning from Nashville, Tennessee. Well, more accurately put…Spring Hill, Tennessee, but I’m still claiming Nashville. After all we are famous now..we have a TV show named after us and everything! Speaking of, we just watched a sneak peak of the new Nashville season and I’m already hooked! The beginning of the episode was dramatic but after that was over the rest of the show was pretty hopeful. A nice change of pace for Nashville. But, now onto why you are here and what I have to say.
I am starting a new…ish morning routine! You wanna hear about it…here it goes…
- It involves getting up from anywhere between 5am to 6am. I’m trying to be realistic with myself and provide a window of time that I can be happy with.
- Sometimes running and working out.
- Sometimes getting right to work on my blogging or household things, ex: paying bills, doing laundry and such.
- Sometimes showering and getting ready for the day.
- Always having coffee and praying about the day before it starts.
- And on a super miraculous day it may involve all of the above.
All these things are options I have IF I get up between those early morning hours. The problem is actually getting up. It’s crazy the excuses you can give to yourself while laying in bed that make it ok to continue laying in bed.
Therefore, I’m trying to keep this routine goal kind of loose right now. Baby steps…right?! The things that motivate me to get up early are…
- Knowing I’ll feel better about myself. You just feel good when you do something you told yourself you would.
- Being able to check things off my to-do list before Foster wakes up for the day.
- It’s just so peaceful in the mornings, dark, but peaceful. A good time to reflect on the moment I am in.
- When it’s a running day what motivates me is the awesome feeling afterwards. The feeling of accomplishment, but it’s the feeling beforehand that keeps me in bed sometimes.
- One of the most motivating things is a warm cup of coffee while reading whatever Bible study or verse for the day I’ve decided on for the week.
I love coffee and the warm, peaceful feeling you get while drinking it. What helps that experience even more is a fun coffee mug. While I was pregnant my sister gifted me with this “Hot Mama” mug…and I LOVE it! It’s absolutely my new favorite mug. I use it with pride. Thinking the whole time…yeah, I am a mama!
So, I have mug goals. While Christmas shopping on Amazon this year…God bless Amazon. I happened upon these mugs Hot Mama and Big Daddy. I absolutely love everything about them. I love the style, what they say, and the humor. BUT, it is $59ish for the set. Way out of my coffee mug budget. So, my goal is to one day be able to be comfortable enough financially that buying a set of expensive coffee mugs is a splurge I can rationalize. For now, this money saving mama, sadly can’t rationalize this purchase in our budges.
One last thought on the morning routine. I wanted to talk about my routine here because I want it to be something that becomes a natural part of my life instead of something I plan to do the night before and then when the morning comes I have a whole new way of thinking that allows me out of my new routine. I know that if I live this way 85-90% of the time I will be a way more effective person. So, I’ll check back in, in a couple of weeks and let you know how it’s going!
What is your morning routine?