I was so excited and honored when I found out that Reluctant Stay at Home Mom nominated me for my first ever blogging award called the Liebster Award.
Margaret, Reluctant Stay at Home Mom, is the mother of 2 under 2 and a step mom to a 9 year old. I love the way she shares her real life with others and empowers women to embrace motherhood. I also truly appreciate her support and nominating me for this award.
In German Liebster means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Those are all very humbling adjectives. So, it sincerely meant a lot to me that a fellow blogger felt that way about my work.
The Liebster Award is a virtual award that is passed on from blogger to blogger as a way to support and promote fellow bloggers that you enjoy hearing from. I love this idea because who can’t use a little appreciating, support and recognition? Especially because the blogging world can be a little isolating. After all it is just you and the computer most days.
Margaret gave me five questions to answer in effort to get to know each other better. Hopefully it’ll help you get to know me as well…
1. Why did you start a blog?
I started Everyday Above Dirt because I wanted to help other moms know that they are not alone. As a mom it’s easy to feel like you are the only one struggling and that everyone else has it together. There are so many perfect images of moms out there. I want to put my struggles, what I’ve learned and just real life out into the world to help support and encourage other real moms.
2. Do you have any advice for fellow bloggers?
I don’t really feel like I’m quilted to give advice since my blog is so new, but I’ll do it anyways. I would say don’t compare. Caparison is the thief of all joy. It’s true in every area of life. As a blogger it’s easy to look at other writers and think about how much better their site is or how much more advanced they are. Focus on what you’re doing and remember that there is room for you too!
3. What is your favorite social media platform and why?
At this time it’s Instagram. I enjoy the interaction that goes on with this outlet. I would love to become better at Pinterest because I know it’s a great resource but it’s just confusing to me right now, but I’ll get there one day.
4. What is your favorite season and why?
Fall is for sure my favorite season! There so much to love about Fall. The cooler weather that causes you to need a hoodie but not to bundle up. Fall means that the fun holidays are about to approach…Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas! It just feels like the beginning of the happiest time of the year.
5. Do you have any pets?
I do! We rescued our dog, Hunley Ann, two years ago. They told us she is a mix between a lab and boxer, but honestly I think she a mix of a lot more. She is a great dog and pretty crazy. But, I love how patient and caring she is with our son. Our family wouldn’t be the same without her.
As part of this award, I get to nominate five more blogs. My nominees are:
Check out these blogs!
The Rules for Liebster Award Nominees
1. On your blog, thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Link back to the blogger that awarded you.
3. Upload the award to your blog. This can be done by writing a post about the award, and uploading the award image in your sidebar.
4. Answer the questions you have been asked by your nominator in a blog post so we can get to know you better.
5. Nominate 5 blogs with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve to receive this award.
6. Notify the owners of those 5 blogs that you’ve nominated them so they can accept their award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn more about them.
Last but not least, here is my list of 5 questions for my nominees:
1. What is your biggest challenge with blogging?
2. Why did you start a blog?
3. What do you enjoy writing about most?
4. Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?
5. What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
Thanks for reading!!